2020 Application Deadline: March 05, 2020
- Be the primary or joint owner of an active account (Share Savings, Checking, etc.) in good standing at Security First Credit Union as of 9/1/2019.
- Be enrolled in an accredited high school in the Rio Grande Valley (Hidalgo, Willacy, Starr, and Cameron County) as a graduating high school student.
- Be accepted into an accredited college, university, or other postsecondary institution at the time of award as a first-year college student (dual college or previous credit hours acceptable).
- Open to children (non-member) of Primary and/or Joint account holders as well as children of Security First Credit Union employees that meet the requirements.
- Reference Letters are not required, however, strongly encouraged. Reference letters may be submitted from your choice of teachers, counselors, employers, or community leaders.
- Essay – please refer to the Essay section below.
- Current unofficial high school and college (if applicable) transcript.
- Acceptance Letter(s)
- If selected, you must provide your institution’s address and contact information for fund distribution. Funds will not be provided directly to recipients.
- Not available to Security First Credit Union board members, senior staff, and their children, respectively.
- Application and required documents must be submitted by March 5, 2020. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Please refer to the Submission Options section below.
How To Apply:
- Online Application: This application process must be done entirely in one sitting. There is NO option to save or return later to finish. Select the “Apply Now” button below, follow the prompts and be prepared to upload all documentation.
- In-Person Or E-mail: A fill-able PDF application is available on our website. You may drop-off along with the required documentation at any of our eight convenient locations. Alternatively, you can email the PDF along with the required documentation to the Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. For locations, please click here.
Essay Question – Must be typed. If submitting electronically, please upload/email in a PDF or Word document file format.
Explain how the environment in which you were raised has shaped you as a person. How do you feel you have contributed to your community and how you would apply the credit union’s philosophy of “People Helping People” in today’s society?
Questions? Please contact our Marketing Coordinator at email@example.com.Download Application Apply Now