2019 Application Deadline: Program is Now Closed. Stay tuned for next available application date to be announced later this year.
- Graduate students, previous applicants/recipients, Security First Credit Union employees, their children, and children of the primary and joint account holder are eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled in an accredited high school in the Rio Grande Valley (Hidalgo, Willacy, Starr, and Cameron County) and be classified as a 2019 high school senior and be accepted into an accredited college, university, or other post-secondary institution at time of award.
- References are not required, however, strongly encouraged. References must be submitted from your choice of teachers, counselors, employers or community leaders.
- If selected, you must provide your institutions address and contact information for fund distribution. Funds will
- Not available to Security First Credit Union board members, senior staff and their children respectively.
- Must submit the application and all requirements by the submission deadline. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
How To Apply:
- Online Application: This application process must be done entirely in one sitting. There is NO option to save or return later to finish. Select the “Apply Now” button below, follow the prompts and be prepared to upload the required documentation.
- In-Person Or E-mail: A fill-able PDF application is available for download below. You may drop-off along with the required documentation at any of our eight convenient locations. Alternatively, you can email the PDF along with required documentation to the Marketing Department at email@example.com. For locations, please click here.
- Two Essay Questions – each essay must be typed, double-spaced and no more than two pages.
- First-year students must provide their official Letter(s) of Acceptance.
- Second and third-year students must provide a copy of most recent transcripts.
- References (optional). Please refer to the Qualifying Criteria section above.