As a member of our credit union, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a hometown credit union. Our personalized approach to banking ensures that you’ll receive exceptional service every time you visit one of our branches. Plus, you’ll have access to a wide range of financial products and services, including low-interest loans, high-yield savings accounts, and free checking. Join our credit union today and experience the difference a hometown credit union can make in your financial future!
Once a member, always a member!
Since 1947, Security First Credit Union has proudly served generations of the Rio Grande Valley. Once you become a member, you remain a member even if you move outside the Rio Grande Valley. Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr, or Willacy counties can become a member of Security First Credit Union. Additionally, if you are an immediate relative of a current member (child, grandchild, grandparent, household member, parent, sibling, or spouse), you are eligible to join.
Apply for Membership
Applying for membership is easy – you can easily open your membership and additional accounts* online by clicking the button below or visit any of our nine convenient locations. *Certain accounts do not qualify for opening online: CDs, IRAs and Trust & Minor accounts. For questions, please contact us at (956) 661-4000 or ask in-branch.
Before applying online, please be sure to have the following documents ready:
- Valid Social Security Number
- Valid Government Issued Identification
- Email Address
- How to fund your account (A minimum of $5.00 to open your membership share account is required. Additional accounts require minimum deposit funding for checking, Holiday Club Savings, and Money Management):
- By using a checking or savings account number and routing number from another financial institution
- Or with your Credit or Debit card information
- Joint accounts opened online are created with Rights of Survivorship and signers will have full access to all shares and services